According to AndroidPit, Google will soon release an 5.1 update for Android 5.0. This update is going to bring some new features and fix bugs that were in previous release. AndroidPit has come across information that there will be an update really soon. Even though most of the users haven’t updated to 5.0 this update is mostly for the new devices and flagship products. The launch is scheduled for the end of the February of 2015.
- Silent mode added after missing on Android 5.0
- General improvements in system stability
- Improved RAM management
- Fixes for sudden app closures
- Improved battery management
- Excessive consumption of network devices when used Wi-Fi fixed
- Issues with wireless connections fixed
- Problems with Okay Google function solved
- Notifications problems solved
- Some sound problems experience by certain devices fixed
- Other improvements and changes
- Changes in the Material Design color palette
AndroidPit claims this info is reliable, due to their sources being credible, providing them with reliable info in the past. As always take this info with a grain of salt until confirmed by Google. This update as you can see is mostly about cosmetic changes and bug fixes but the silent mode adding is good to hear, although it sounds strange that it was missing from the OS in first place. It will be interesting to see what will the adoption rate of this OS be with old hardware, due to Google’s claims that this version is optimized to work on the devices with small amount of memory.